NCFE CACHE CERTIFICATE IN UNDERSTANDING WORKING IN MENTAL HEALTH
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification aims to develop the learner’s knowledge and understanding of:
• mental health problems
• the processes and approached involved in the care and support of those who experience mental ill health.
[read more= “read more” less= “read less”]
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners who wish to understand the approaches to care and support of those with mental health problems.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and above.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification in a health or social care related area.
How is this qualification structured?
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working in Mental Health, learners must achieve 5 mandatory unit:
• Unit 01 Mental health and mental health issues
• Unit 02 Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
• Unit 03 Valuing equality and diversity
• Unit 04 Approaches to care and management in mental health
• Unit 05 Understanding change and support in relation to mental health.
How is it assessed?
To achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working in Mental Health, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the chosen units. Grades are not awarded.
The Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working in Mental Health is internally assessed.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to the following:
• Level 2 or 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
• Level 2 or 3 Certificate for Working in the Health Sector
• Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
• Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care.
Which type of job roles can you apply for on completion?
The objective of this qualification is to prepare learners for further training and to support a role in the workplace where knowledge of mental health is required.