NCFE CACHE CERTIFICATE IN UNDERSTANDING SPECIFIC LEARNING DIFFICULTIES
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification aims to give learners knowledge of different Specific Learning Difficulties, how they are diagnosed and how individuals can be supported. The qualification can be used by a wide range of learners looking to improve their knowledge and awareness in this subject area.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification will be suitable for teaching staff, care staff or anyone looking to build their knowledge of dyslexia and other learning difficulties.
The qualification would be suitable for those working within healthcare, social care and education contexts.
What are the entry requirements?
Learners should be aged 16 and above. There are no pre-requisites for this qualification; entry is at the discretion of the Centre.
How is it assessed?
It will be assessed by your Tutor or Assessor using a portfolio of evidence.
Do you need to be working to take this qualification?
No, this is a knowledge-only qualification.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
• Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
• Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
• Level 2 and 3 qualifications in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
• Level 2 and 3 Certificates in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
• Level 2 and 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
• Level 3 Award in Supporting Children and Young People’s Speech, Language and Communication